I am taking no credit for this post. It is directly derived from Johannes Tacskovics blog post: http://blog.johannest.com/2009/05/22/the-movieclip-life-cycle-event-frame_constructed-and-event-exit_frame/
He also offers a more complete description of the events. I only need to make sure that I have the reference to the life cycle, so here it is:
- Event of event type Event.ENTER_FRAME dispatched.
- Constructor code of children MovieClips is executed.
- Event of event type Event.FRAME_CONSTRUCTED dispatched.
- Frame actions are executed.
- Frame actions of children MovieClips are executed.
- Event of event type Event.EXIT_FRAME dispatched.
- Event of event type Event.RENDER dispatched.